Saturday, November 01, 2008

Dare #57 is one for the birds :O)

Hey there darers! Can you believe how fast this year is going? As of today there is just under 8 weeks till Christmas so someone told me...eeek! scary stuff, and speaking of scary, hope you are all having a fun Halloween. I know the NZ dares girls are busy with it, there has been talk amongst us of creepy cupcakes, ghostly cookies, pipecleaner spiders and costumes galore.
So are you in the mood to use your creativity to win an awesome prize? I hope so because I sure have a gorgeous prize for you for this dare. My wonderful friend Tamar, owner of the fabulous Tarisota Collections has generously donated not one but two of her beautiful kits as a prize to you if you are the winner. Both the November Inspiration and Addiction kits will be yours! What will be included? Well check out the pics and details below, you won't be disappointed. Tamar's kits are always a beautifully put together, eclectic mix of the most elegant elements and this one is especially beautiful with its glittery festive feel.

Inspiration Contents: 1 large blue crystal facet bead; 1 packet small blue crystal facet beads; Zva Creative Original Brads - Fresh Breeze; Zva Creative Symmetrical Swirls Coffee & Chocolate; Maya Rd Trinkets Metal Elements – Blossom x 6 assorted sizes; Maya Rd Trinket Pins - Clear Jewels; Maya Rd Banner Chipboard Album; Maya Rd Birds of a Feather Chipboard; 1 pale blue feather; 1 white feather.


Addiction Contents: Tarisota Choice
½ Yard Olive Beaded Trim
1 Yard cream lace Rachel 15mm
½ Yard sea marine vintage trim Lace
½ Yard cambric lace ivory

Maya Rd
Sienna Brown Crushed Velvet Ribbon

Vandoras
Polo Lavender mint 10mm
Candy Cane Grosgrain 6mm
Fifi Chartreuse Latte 9mm
Pink velvet 7mm
White Velvet 7mm
Lulu Chartreuse Latte Dots 10mm
Peach Poly Satin 10mm

Fabric
Simply Xmas Holly Sage
Spot Coords Pink and Chocolate
Michael Miller Fabric
Angel Organdy Ivory
Xmas Sheer Stars Glitter

The best news is that you don't have to do any too difficult to be in to win this fabulous prize. Tarisota's November kit, apart from having a predominantly festive theme, also features birds. Are you noticing that birds are everywhere in scrapping fashion at the moment? So we thought it might be fun to challenge you to use birds in your creations. Scrap something featuring birds, and send it to us by Wednesday 12th November and you will be in to win this generous prize.

Leave a link in the comments to your LO's on your blog, gallery, or you may use the Flickr group if you like, just leave a link in the comments on the NZ Dare blog. If necessary you can email your LO to Lianne at RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (no bigger than 100kb).

And you are still in with a chance even if you don't have any bird themed papers or products; I have a vintage digi bird sticker here that you are welcome to print out and use if you want. Just right click and save it to your desktop. You don't have to use it, any birds will do, but you are welcome to if you wish.So here is some inspiration to get you started...

From our wonderful guest designer Gracie Tan:

And from me:

Lovely Lianne's:

Delightful Donna's


And from our totally talented newbie Lara:

Sharon - I went with the vintage theme of Jo's sticker and scrapped an old photo of my grandmother and her brothers.

Meeks

Trina's





25 Comments:

Blogger Gracie Ann Tan said...

Wonderful LOs ladies! Once again, thank you for inviting me as your guest designer. This was truly an honor & I had fun too. More power to your blog.

3:12 am  
Blogger Donna said...

Not sure if this challenge is open for residents of the US but I'll give it a shot anyway just for the fun of it. Here's my take.

http://donnabrisbois.blogspot.com/2008/10/another-darechallenge-entry.html

3:57 pm  
Blogger Jenny said...

Does it have to have a bird image on it? Or can photos of birds on the l/o count?

7:03 pm  
Blogger Paula Clare said...

Hi Ladies! Both the theme (sweet little bluebirds) and the award (Tarisota) Compelled me to put together a layout and take a chance on winning some fabulousness from down under. I added my photo to the NZ Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pclouse07/2993985008/in/pool-840213@N20

Hope you like it!

2:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow where does one start with such beautiful examples of this already.
Will put thinking cap on. Great challenge ladies

9:05 pm  
Blogger Niella said...

Oh fab-u-lious layouts girls!!!

Love the vintage style bird:)

Away I fly...off to do my layout.

9:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the examples - managed a bird layout this morning! And, even managed to get it on the blog!!

1:37 pm  
Blogger Twobees said...

Wow, awesome layouts, thankyou for the inspiration. My layout can be found here
http://two2bees.blogspot.com/2008/11/aggggghhhh-snow.html
Thanks for looking :)

2:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was inspired by using birds and have added my photo to the flicker group as well as my blog. thanks for the great challenge

12:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool dare and awesome prize here is a link to my layout in the flickr group

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27520965@N07/3009391346/in/pool-840213@N20

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo... I love birds in layouts. Here's my take. Thanks for looking :-)

http://cjalmeda.blogspot.com/

Thanks for looking. Have a great weekend everyone!

4:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, never left a link!
http://dallasnz.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/img_0692.jpg

9:50 am  
Blogger Carol said...

MY take is on my blog,thanks

7:10 am  
Blogger Carol said...

opps heres the link
http://4carol.blogspot.com/

7:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heres my link for this one.

5:23 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Don't know why i'm anonymous in the previous post - LOL :)Sarah

5:26 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Now the link is missing - sorry for this guys - 3rd time lucky!

http://scrappinsaraz.blogspot.com/

5:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved doing this challenge ! Thanks
Mines on my blog here

http://rtscraps.typepad.com/rtscraps/2008/11/gotta-be-in-to-win.html

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time for me such amazing LO's here

Here's mine
http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3155&cat=500&ppuser=164

Sorry not sure how to log in properly so I have come in under anyonymous I go by joynim in forums

6:17 pm  
Blogger Jo Burney said...

Love the theme....can't believe you are up to #57 I have been planned to enter a dare since you started but its taken me until #57 to do it...my layout is on
http://www.livetoscrap.blogspot.com

10:21 pm  
Blogger jeanie de la rama said...

hi!this is my entry. :)

http://jeaniebnieva.blogspot.com/2008/11/feeling-all-christmas-sy.html

1:59 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yay! I managed to complete my page :) and post it on my blog, sorry about the shadowy picture!

http://duffyth.wordpress.com/

6:28 pm  
Blogger Jenny said...

Pity I didn't get an answer to my question at post #3!

9:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my layout. Just in the nick of time :)http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/data/500/medium/Family1.jpg.

Kate

10:52 pm  
Blogger lianne said...

Sorry we didn't get back to you Jenny, I think Jo's idea was to use bird themed products and papers rather than a photo of birds unless you were using maybe a cutout bird from a photo as an embellishment.

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home